If you’re using 2017 or older Autodesk products, your software may stop working on June 15th, 2019. Newer versions will continue to work but may have intermittent issues with any of their cloud related services. Exact services and product versions vary.
Many products and services use Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0/1.1. Due to known vulnerabilities, on June 15, 2019, Autodesk will be updating their systems to no longer support this protocol. This service is what’s used for Autodesk to determine your “Identity” when providing access to your products and services.
You can read more about the affected products and versions here. This article is specific to which older products will stop working completely. It does not cover newer products that have services which may stop working.
A fairly comprehensive description of the issue was also posted to the Autodesk forums. You can read it here…
What You Really Need to Know
This issue isn’t nearly as bad as it seems. Based on Autodesk’s information you only need to be concerned if…
- Login access to use your core product will be affected subject to the following
- You are NOT using Perpetual Licenses
- You are NOT using Network (FlexLM) Licenses
- Your product IS using Single User Subscription Licensing
- Your product IS listed in the Knowledge Base Article
- Newer products (2018-2020) Not mentioned in the Autodesk articles are also affected subject to the following….
- Ancillary related services and newer products have their own security updates
- Access to core product is Not an issue
- Ancillary cloud connected services May be affected such as…
- Revit Cloud Worksharing
- Personal Accelerator (PAC) for Revit Cloud Worksharing
- Energy Analysis
- Dynamo Package Search/Upload
- P&ID Modeler
- Licensing type of product does NOT matter
Most products have updates available however there are a few that do not. Autodesk Fabrication products in version 2014 or 2015 do not have updates. So unless you’re using those version with a Single User Subscription, you don’t need to worry. If you are using a product that does not have an update, you will need to upgrade to continue working.